Each time a user visits our website, his or her IP address and the time of the visit is automatically recorded. This process occurs regardless of whether the person created an account, joined our email list, or made a purchase.
We collect aggregate information relating to:
- what pages on our website users access or visit
- Information volunteered by the user, such as how he or she was referred to our website.
When a user places an order with Giantprint we collect:
- user’s name, company or organisation name; email address, postal address; telephone number, fax number
- payment information, such as billing address, payment method, goods purchased, and order amount
- any images or files submitted to us by the user
- any hardcopy proofs submitted to us by the user.
For security reasons, the user’s IP address is also recorded directly with identifying information. However, we do not record credit card details under any circumstances.
Only when the user agrees might we use the information collected to:
- notify the user by email about updates to our website or the services we offer
- contact the user by email to notify him or her of promotions
- contact he user by email to request permission to post feedback comments on our website
- contact the user by email to offer him or her the opportunity to place an image or file in our gallery.
We may use the information collected to:
- improve the content and enhance the security of our website
- customise the content and/or layout of web pages for individual users
- allow agents or contractors to provide services that are essential to the operation of our business, such as delivery services.
Please be aware that we are legally required to provide to state and federal authorities any information that they deem necessary.
We do not store any cookies on a user’s computer.
With regard to the information that you supply to us online:
- if you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, you should indicate your choice to us by clicking on the “contact” link on our website
- if you supply us with your postal address online, you will only receive the information for which you provided us your address
- we will only make use of telephone numbers provided so as to facilitate transaction information regarding specific orders or enquiries placed online
- please note that we do not partner with, share information, or have special relationships with any advertising companies.
Upon request we:
- provide users with access to unique identifier information (e.g., customer number or password) or contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number) that we maintain about them
- offer users the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in relation to contact information or unique identifiers.
Users can access or have the aforementioned information corrected by logging into their online account, or by contacting us via the "contact" link on our website.
With respect to security, be assured that:
- we have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you on our website
- it is a condition of employment within our company that all staff submit to a police record audit prior to being hired.
If you prefer to deal with an independent organisation, or if you are not satisfied with any proposed remedy, you may want to consider contacting the Federal Office of The Privacy Commissioner which can be contacted by visiting www.privacy.gov.au.
Of course, these privacy practices are described above in general terms, and both visitors and purchasers visiting the website must be aware of the overweening authority of State and Federal Government legislation regarding what may be lawfully requested and distributed online.